Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Absorption Pasta?

Why yes. Absorption Pasta. I had to try it when I saw Clotilde post about it here - well, actually I read it, thought it was an interesting technique and promptly forgot about it...until Raquel and I were discussing cooking plans for the evening. Desperate for something healthy, but quick and different, I decided to give it a try. Instead of cacao nibs and zucchini, I opted for Tuscan beans and carrots. Pasta used: mini penne - and I opted for the stock instead of water.

I don't know if it was the pasta or if the heat was too high or a combination thereof, but it sure seemed like I had to add a lot of stock to get the pasta to a "done" state - of course, I was hungry and impatient, nibbling on mini-penne at a somewhat fair frequency. The stock didn't have much salt, and a liberal hand was used with the Parmesan, kosher salt & pepper.

Sorry, no photos - my food styling wasn't doing so well, and honestly, I couldn't dream of turning out a photo more beautiful than the original. Definitely worth trying - and it beats bringing the large pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home